This policy explains how Mirae Asset Global Investments (HK) Limited (Mirae Asset), handles the personal information that we collect and hold about:
- individuals working within one of our institutional or wholesaler clients; or
- individuals with whom we have contact at FundBPO (the custodian and administrator of the Australian managed investment schemes for which Mirae Asset is the investment manager)
(described collectively in this policy as Individuals).
This policy does not apply to the personal information of:
- Mirae Asset employees; or
1. Personal information we collect
The types of personal information we may collect include an Individual’s name, role, employer and contact information.
We collect personal information directly from Individuals when they interact with one of our staff members, for example verbally, by phone, mail, or email.
2. How we use and disclose personal information
We may use and disclose Individuals' personal information:
- to provide our products and services to our institutional and wholesale clients, and liaise with FundBPO in regards to the provision of products and services to retail clients (this is the only reason for which we use and disclose personal information of individuals working within FundBPO);
- to notify you about changes to our products, services and/or anyother information that we think may be of interest and/or useful to you
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- to conduct anti-money laundering (AML) or 'know-your-customer' (KYC) checks as required by law; and
- to provide individuals working within our institutional or wholesale clients, or potential clients, with information about our products and services that may be of interest, including via email and phone. Any individual who does not wish to receive marketing materials about our products and services may opt out at any time by following the opt out instructions set out in the relevant communication or by contacting us using the details set out in section 6.
We may disclose an Individual’s personal information to:
- our service provider that conducts AML and KYC checks on our behalf;
- our service provider that sends marketing materials on our behalf;
- others where we believe the law requires or permits us to do so (e.g. to law enforcement agencies or government authorities); and
- others with the relevant Individual’s consent.
We do not disclose personal information to recipients located overseas.
3. Storage and security
We store personal information in hard copy and electronic formats. We may link personal information with other information we hold about Individuals.
We store personal information securely whether in an electronic or physical form. For example, only staff needing access to the information are allowed access, and the information is stored in secured premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords.
4. Access and correction
Individuals can at any time request access to or correction of their personal information by contacting our Privacy Officer on the details in section 6 below. We may need to verify an Individual’s identity before giving access to or correcting their personal information.
We will respond to such requests in a reasonable time (usually within 30 days). While we will not charge you for making a request to access your personal information, we may require you to pay our reasonable costs of providing you with that information. We will not charge you for making a request to correct your personal information or for our costs of correcting your personal information.
5. Questions or complaints
Individuals wishing to make a complaint in relation to our handling of their personal information, should contact our Privacy Officer on the details in section 6 below. We will need details about the nature of the complaint and will may need to verify the Individual’s identity. We may ask the Individual to put the complaint in writing.
We will investigate the complaint and respond within a reasonable period (usually within 30 days).
Individuals who are not satisfied with our response to a complaint can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
6. Contact details
Level 4, 95 Pitt Street
Phone: +61 422963177
7. Changes to this policy
This policy may be amended from time to time to take account of new laws and technology, and changes to our operations and practices. The most current version of this policy is located on our website ([insert URL]) and can also be obtained by contacting our us.
Any amendments will take effect when the revised version of this policy is posted on our website.
Version date: 28 February 2017