Mirae Asset Global Investments (Australia) Limited (we, us and our) is an Australian Financial Services Licensee and whose registered office is at Level 4, 95 Pitt Street, Sydney 2000, Australia (Mirae Asset AU).
Protecting your personal information is important
What personal information do we collect?
In the course of our activities, we collect and hold personal information about you. We will only collect personal information that is necessary to provide our products and services to you, including information needed to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- 1. name;
- 2. email address, mailing or street address and other contact details;
- 3. date of birth;
- 4. information to verify your identity such as your driver's licence number;
- 5. tax file number;
- 6. bank account details to enable payment of distributions or redemptions;
- 7. information about other products or services of ours or any related body corporate that you may hold or use.
We are required to collect your name, address, date of birth and other verification information under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth). We are authorised to collect tax file numbers under tax laws and the Privacy Act.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
- 1. from your completion of application forms for our products;
- 2. though your use of our website; and
- 3. during communications between you and our representatives;
- 4. from our conduct of marketing activities which may include requests for more information for example competitions or requesting 'business cards'
We may also collect personal information from third parties including your financial or other professional advisor or authorised representative. If you are a contact of a corporate client or other organisation or an adviser within a dealer group, personal information may be collected from that entity.
What happens if we cannot collect your personal information?
If we do not obtain all the information we need from you, some or all of the following may happen:
- 1. we may not be able to provide you with and subsequently administer some or all our products or services; or
- 2. we may not be able to provide you with information about our products and services.
How is your personal information used?
We will only use your personal information for the purpose of providing you with our investment products and services. In managing your investment for you, we will use your personal information to:
- 1.assess your application and provide our products and services to you;
- 2.communicate with you in relation to your investment;
- 3.monitor, audit, evaluate and otherwise administer our products and services;
- 4.provide you with access to protected areas of our websites;
- 5.provide continuous service to you and to conduct business processing functions including by providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties; and
- 6.assist with the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control or research purposes of Mirae Asset AU and its contractors and service providers.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we expect may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email. You consent to us sending you those direct marketing communications by any of those methods. At any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us using the contact details below or by using the opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications. Please note that, if we are currently providing you with services or products, we will still need to send you essential information about your account, the relevant services or products and other information required by law.
With whom does Mirae Asset AU share your personal information?
To provide you with the services you require and for the purposes set out above, we may disclose your personal information to third party organisations. We take reasonable steps to ensure that third party organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to the following third parties:
- 1.service providers, such as your financial adviser. If a financial adviser's stamp appears on your application form or if you otherwise inform us of having a financial adviser, we may supply your financial adviser with information about your accounts unless you instruct us otherwise in writing;
- 2.other professional advisors such as accountants, lawyers, consultants and other business advisors as advised to us;
- 3.mail houses, archive providers, our related bodies corporate, contractors, or other third parties for the purposes specified above; and
- 4.other third parties where required, or allowed under law, or in connection with legal proceedings.
We will not sell your personal information to other organisations. Nor will we provide organisations outside the Mirae Asset group with your personal information for purposes unrelated to the management of your investment or the distribution of marketing materials.
We may also disclose your personal information to entities located overseas for one or more of the purposes set out above.
Mirae Asset operates as a global organisation and to this end, functions generally operate from dedicated centers which also provide shared services around the globe. Personal information (generally other than personal information held in relation to individual investors) may be held within applications on our portfolio management system or client relationship management system which are potentially accessible by our related bodies corporate in any country in which Mirae Asset has an office. Key data is held either at a Mirae Asset related party site or third party site.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
Is your personal information secure?
We invest considerable resources to keep your personal information secure from misuse, loss, interference, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Access to and the use of personal information is regulated to prevent misuse or unlawful disclosure of the information. We use security procedures such as encryption, firewalls, intrusion detection and anti-virus technology to prevent unauthorised access. We also use valid log-in identification and password based security to achieve electronic information security. We retain information for as long as may be necessary to respond to issues that may arise at a later date, and longer where required by law. When personal information is no longer required by us, it is destroyed or de-identified.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
How can you access your personal information?
You may contact us by mail, phone, fax or email using the details provided below and request access to your information. Before we give you access to information about you we will ask you to verify your identity. In normal circumstances we will give you full access to your information, however, at times there may be a legal reason why we must deny access, such as where granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If access is denied we will give you the reasons for any refusal in writing and the mechanisms available to complain about the refusal.
There may be some charge to you to access your information depending on the ease of its retrieval. We will advise you of any cost when you seek the information. We will not charge you for making a request or for making any corrections to your personal information.
Correction of your personal information
We will endeavour to ensure your personal information is kept accurate, complete, up to date and relevant. Please let us know if any of your details change.
If you believe that the personal information we store about you is incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading, you may ask us to amend it. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, we will give you the reasons for any refusal in writing and the mechanisms available to complain about the refusal, and we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with the information.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
We request that complaints about breaches of privacy be made in writing, so we can be sure about the details of the complaint. We will attempt to confirm as appropriate and necessary with you your understanding of the conduct relevant to the complaint and what you expect as an outcome. We will inform you whether we will conduct an investigation, the name, title, and contact details of the investigating officer and the estimated completion date for the investigation process.
After we have completed our enquiries, we will contact you, usually in writing, to advise the outcome and invite a response to our conclusions about the complaint. If we receive a response from you, we will assess it and advise if we have changed our view.
How to Contact Us
For any questions relating to our processing of your personal data please contact the below
Head of Compliance
Mirae Asset Global Investments (HK) Limited
Level 15, Three Pacific Place, 1 Queen's Road East, Hong Kong
Changes to this policy